Alex Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur winners of Thinkers50 Strategy Award 2015
Every two years, Thinkers50 produces the world’s most prestigious ranking of management thinkers. This year, Alex Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur won the Strategy Award 2015 and ranked #15 on the Thinkers50 Ranking 2015, after Michael Porter (#1), Clayton Christensen (#2), Kim & Mauborgne (#3), Dan Pink (#10) and Eric Ries (#12).
On November 9th 2015, the Thinkers50 Awards Gala 2015 took place in London.The Thinkers50 global ranking of management thinkers is published every two years and is the essential guide to which thinkers and which ideas matter now.
Strategy 2015 Winner: Alex Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur
This is what Thinkers50 wrote about Alex Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur:
Authors of Business Model Generation (Wiley, 2010). Invented the “Business Model Canvas,” used by companies worldwide. The original book followed by Business Model You (Wiley, 2012) and Value Proposition Design (Wiley, 2014).
Where you are going and how you intend to get there lies at the heart of management and leadership. Strategy is the intellectual and inspirational lifeblood of organizations. The T50 Strategy Award celebrates the very best of strategic thinking. If you were running a corporation who would you turn to for strategic advice?
Previous winners: Rita McGrath, W Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne
- Richard D’Aveni: Tuck Business School professor, creator of “hypercompetition”. Most recent work on impact of 3D-printing revolution. Books include Strategic Capitalism(McGraw Hill, 2012).
- Niraj Dawar Ivey: Business School professor, author of Tilt: Shifting Your Strategy from Products to Customers (HBR, 2013).
- Pankaj Ghemawat: Professor of Management and Strategy and Director of the Center for the Globalization of Education and Management at the Stern School of Business. Author of World 3.0 (HBR, 2011).
- Benjamin Gomes-Casseres: Professor of International Business at the Brandeis International Business School. Author of Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations, (HBR, 2015).
- Rita G McGrath: Professor at Columbia Business School and author of The End of Competitive Advantage (Harvard, 2013).
- Alex Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur Authors of Business Model Generation (Wiley, 2010). Invented the “Business Model Canvas,” used by companies worldwide. The original book followed by Business Model You (Wiley, 2012) and Value Proposition Design(Wiley, 2014).
- Michael E Porter & James E. Heppelmann: Harvard strategy guru and Heppelmann, CEO of PTC, authored influential November 2014 Harvard Business Review article, ‘How Smart Connected Products are Transforming Competition’.
- Martin Reeves, Knut Haanaes, & Janmejaya Sinha Boston: Consulting Group strategy experts and co-authors of Your Strategy Needs a Strategy (HBR, 2015).
Congratulations Alex & Yves!